Good Monday Morning Readers!
Saturday was a beautiful day for Clam Lake’s 3rd Annual August Fest. I have a lot of people to thank so, bare with me.
This weekend includes:
• WI DNR led tours of the Wisconsin elk range on Saturday & Sunday mornings – early!
• UPDATE: a “boots on the ground” work opportunity – lunch provided by the WI DNR: This year’s work even will be the dismantling of the Thornapple/Haystack acclimation pen
• UPDATE: An outdoor RMEF dinner at the Day Lake picnic area catered by Hayward’s new restaurant “Old Southern BBQ” http://www.oldsouthernbbq.com/home
• UPDATE: WI DNR Big Game Biologist Kevin Wallenfang will provide an update of both WI elk herds: Black River Falls and Clam Lake
• We’ll be having opportunities to support RMEF through memberships, donations, raffles and the 2016 Big Gun Calendar sales!
It seems that the last week I’ve noticed everyone walking a little faster, the grocery stores a a lot busier. I guess that means everyone is in a hurry to enjoy summer before it slips away. The kids will get back into their school schedule and yes that means everybody will have to go back to work!
It’s been a very hot week this past week in the mid eighties and it’s suppose to continue into this week with no relief in sight… I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it looks like this heat wave will continue unless we get some rain…..so, let’s all do our rain dance or say a little prayer for rain….Details
The next Potluck Dinner Meeting will be held on Thursday, August 13 at 5pm………
The next big event in Clam Lake is the Saturday, August 8, August Fest. The food will be served starting at 11am and will be done when the food is gone ( 4:30 to 5ish). Music by Richard Anderson will start at Noon and go on till 3pm. The Drawing for all the prizes will be at 4pm. We hope everyone will stop by it sounds like a real good time…..Details
It was a rough 2 weeks off and I know I missed the fireworks but, I had a great view out my window to see Duluth’s and Superior’s fireworks and they were good enough for me. I would like to THANK our dedicated men who do the show for us year after year. I heard it was a fabulous display. Good job guys!!Details